OUR WEEKLY LESSONS FROM SEEDBED KIDS!
WEEK 1: Joseph the Forgiving Tracker
- MEMORY VERSE: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. – John 16:33 (NIV)
Joseph, the Forgiving Tracker, was betrayed by his own family. They sold him into slavery and thrust him into a life of difficulty. But God was faithful to Joseph, and He had a wonderful plan for him. Joseph realized that God had turned the bad into good, and he graciously forgave his brothers. He realized that what had started out as evil, God turned into good.
- SONG: TAKE HEART John 16-33
WEEK 2: Miriam the Brave Tracker
- MEMORY VERSE:But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
Miriam is the Brave Tracker. God tells us that when we read His word, pray, and focus on Him every day, we will be like a tree planted by streams of water. This type of tree has deep roots, making it very strong. This was like Miriam. She could have been tempted to stay hidden, but because she was rooted in good relationship with God, she had the strength and courage to do what God wanted her to do. And because she was brave and did what God told her to, she was able to save not only a little baby boy, but eventually, all of God’s people.
- SONG:THE FRUIT Galatians 5-16-22
Week 3: Moses the Chosen Tracker (Part 1)
- MEMORY VERSE: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. – Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV)
Moses was the Chosen Tracker. When Moses encountered God at the burning bush,God told Moses to remove his shoes because he was standing on holy ground. The Lord asked Moses to return to Egypt and lead the Hebrew slaves to the promised land,but Moses felt unworthy and incapable of doimg what the Lord asked. He had made mistakes and had limitations, but he was still chosen by God to be a great leader. In the same way, God will use us despite our failures or insecurities, all for His glory.
- SONG: CALL TO ME Jeremiah 33-3
Week 4: Moses the Chosen Tracker (Part 2)
- MEMORY VERSE: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand. – Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
Moses is the Chosen Tracker. God chose Moses to lead the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt. When Pharaoh wouldn’t let the Israelites go, God sent ten plagues. God was not being mean when He sent the plagues; He was being just in delivering His people from slavery and oppression. In His mercy, God gave Pharaoh chance after change, but Pharaoh would not listen. The plagues were consequences of Pharaoh not listening to God through Moses.
- SONG:DO NOT FEAR Isaiah 41-10
Week 5: Moses the Chosen Tracker (Part 3)
- MEMORY VERSE: So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. –1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV)
When Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt, they were very impatient and untrusting, despite all they had seen God do. Even though God continued to provide time and time again, they believed they would be better off back in Egypt as slaves. We too, often forget God and what He has done for us, and our hearts go astray. We need to remember Him and keep our hearts true to Him. When we do go astray, He always lovingly invites us back into a close relationship with Him.
- SONG:WHATEVER YOU DO I Corinthians 10-31